Header bidding is an advanced programmatic advertising technique that has gained popularity in recent years. It enables B2B websites to sell their ad inventory to multiple ad exchanges simultaneously, resulting in higher revenue and better user experiences. In this article, we will discuss header bidding, its benefits, and how it can help B2B websites maximize their ad revenue.
Understanding Header Bidding
Header bidding is a programmatic advertising technique that allows publishers to offer their ad inventory to multiple ad exchanges simultaneously before making ad calls to their ad server. It allows publishers to receive bids from a variety of demand partners, including ad networks, exchanges, and demand-side platforms (DSPs). These bids are then evaluated in real-time to determine which ad will be displayed on a publisher’s website.
Header bidding allows publishers to maximize their ad revenue by receiving bids from multiple demand sources simultaneously. It also enables publishers to see the true value of their inventory and avoid undervaluation by traditional waterfall auction systems.
How Does Header Bidding Work?
Header bidding is a complex process that involves various steps. Here’s a brief overview of how it works:
- A user visits a website that uses header bidding to sell its ad inventory.
- The website’s header code sends out bid requests to multiple ad exchanges.
- Ad exchanges respond with their bids, including ad format, CPM, and other relevant details.
- The website’s header code evaluates the bids and selects the highest one.
- The winning ad is then displayed on the website.
Benefits of Header Bidding for B2B Websites
Header bidding has several benefits for B2B websites. Here are some of the most significant advantages:
- Increased Revenue: Header bidding enables publishers to receive multiple bids for their ad inventory, resulting in higher revenue.
- Improved User Experience: Traditional waterfall auctions can result in latency and slower load times, leading to a poor user experience. Header bidding eliminates these issues, resulting in faster page load times and improved user experience.
- Better Inventory Management: Header bidding allows publishers to see the true value of their inventory and adjust pricing accordingly. This results in better inventory management and higher revenue.
- Access to Multiple Demand Sources: Header bidding enables publishers to access multiple demand sources, including ad networks, exchanges, and DSPs. This results in a higher demand for their ad inventory, resulting in higher revenue.
How to Implement Header Bidding on Your B2B Website
Implementing header bidding on your B2B website can be challenging, but it can result in significant benefits. Here’s how you can implement header bidding on your website:
- Choose a Header Bidding Provider: Choose a header bidding provider that offers features that align with your business goals.
- Install the Header Code: Install the header code on your website, which sends out bid requests to multiple demand partners.
- Set Up Demand Partners: Set up demand partners, including ad networks, exchanges, and DSPs, that will participate in the auction.
- Optimize Your Header Bidding Setup: Optimize your header bidding setup by adjusting pricing floors, timeouts, and other settings to maximize revenue.
Header bidding is an advanced programmatic advertising technique that enables B2B websites to maximize their ad revenue by receiving multiple bids for their ad inventory. It offers several benefits, including increased revenue, improved user experience, better inventory management, and access to multiple demand sources. Implementing header bidding on your B2B website can be challenging, but it can result in significant benefits. By choosing a header bidding provider, installing the header code, setting up demand partners, and optimizing your setup, you can maximize your ad revenue and improve your website’s user experience.